Demonstrators accuse Mr Morales, Latin America’s longest-serving leader, of rigging last month’s election to secure a fourth term.
On Saturday, opposition protesters overran two state-run media outlets in La Paz and forced them off air.
Mr Morales denies any wrongdoing and says he will not resign.
He also condemned the seizure of the TV and radio stations , tweeting: “They [the protesters] say they defend democracy, but they behave as if they were in a dictatorship.”
The country’s defence minister said there were no plans to deploy the military to quell the police “mutiny”.
For their part, Bolivia’s armed forces said they would never go against the people and that the crisis needs to be solved by democratic means.
So far, three people have died and hundreds have been injured in the unrest, which has lasted more than four weeks.
The president’s main rival, Carlos Mesa, has rejected an offer of dialogue – instead insisting on new elections and Mr Morales’ resignation.